Tax return reporting help for employees

See blog from myStockOptions that covers some common and costly mistakes with stock options and other types of equity comp.

Alert: If employees sold stock during 2015, they must file with their tax return IRS Form 8949 along with Schedule D, using what the brokerage firm reports to you on IRS Form 1099-B. In most situations, the cost-basis information on Form 1099-B for stock sales from equity compensation cannot be used "as is" for accurate tax-return reporting. If employees do not understand the rules, they will overpay taxes (see a related FAQ at

Post Reply

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite


ECE - Equity Compensation Experts
Powered by

Visibility Public Membership By Invitation or Approved Request Default Profile Professional

Your Status Not Logged-In